Friday, August 01, 2008

Cornhole & Fine Reunions

Okay, so I will admit it...the title to this post is pretty strange. The thing is, I have two things I want to chat about. First of all, Cornhole has become one of the most fun things I have done lately. I know this must sound very strange - but as the song says, "don't knock it till you've tried it!" Cornhole is an official tailgating party game. It is played with 8 corn-bags (similar to beanbags) and two boards with a six inch hole in them. It is played sort of like horse shoes (but much safer and less difficult). Well, this week I introduced the game to our church and the buzz quickly spread throughout the entire congregation. Both young and old enjoyed it at a recent cook-out we shared together. At one point it even began to get a bit "cut-throat" - but still really fun!!! I have a great video clip I am going to attach at the end of this post. You must watch it...and get ready to laugh!

The second thing I want to say is how exciting it is to finally have my son home after a 4 week stint away with his grandparents. It seemed like an eternity - but all that is over now! I have my son back...yeah!!! We have spent the day together just hanging out and catching up on life. He has shared so many cool moments and great stories of his trip with me, and I yet I still feel like there is more to come. 

Well, enjoy this video and let me know what you think. If you are up for a game...bring it! Later.


No comments: