Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Searching For Answers

Well, today I want to share a video with you that has really brought meaning to my day. For the past few weeks I have been reading and studying a book of the bible that has challenged me to say the least. In fact, if I am honest (and I should be) I have had moments of distain for certain things I have read and tried to understand. The passage of scripture really messes with my theology (understanding of who God is and how He works). I typically think of myself as a very positive person with a pretty upbeat outlook on life. Because of this, much of my understanding of God focuses on His love for people and His desire to bless our lives. The struggle comes in when I have to balance that with the realities of life...and difficult days. My study has come from the Old Testament book of Habakkuk...and the FACT that God sometimes uses the dark, evil, and even wicked things of this world to bring about His righteous purposes within the earth. It all takes me back to the story and the life of Job...the man who had everything - and then lost it...only to remain faithful to God and once again find his life blessed beyond measure. The theological questions that most often arise are: "Why do bad things happen to good people?" and "Why do good things happen to bad people?"

Well, I certainly do not profess to have the answers to those age-old questions...I do know that God is love and that His passion for people far exceeds my understanding. Which brings me to the video I mentioned earlier. I discovered one of the most moving videos I have ever watched. It goes right to the heart of the discussion I have been having within my own heart and mind. And though it doesn't answer the questions either - it goes reflect the proper attitude and approach I (and you) must possess -- "Though He slay me - yet will I serve Him."

I will tell you, when I watched this video the first time, I was unprepared from the way it moved me. It deals with a very sensitive subject in a wonderful way. I encourage you to grab a box of tissue and open up your heart to what God might speak to you. Be blessed...


No comments: