Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Learning More...

So here's the deal...I don't know everything there is to know. I admit it without hesitation!

Have you ever come to that realization that you are still learning? I mean honestly - have you come to that realization that even though you have come so far in life, you are still nothing more than a desperate student of life? 

As I write these...words, it is actually kind of freeing to think that I am not the deposit or reservoir  for ultimate knowledge. Perfect example - it just took me about five tries to even type the word reservoir because I kept misspelling it. I don't have complete knowledge. And thank God for spell check! 

Well, I feel like I am embarking on a new season of life. I think I will call it the "Deepening" of my life. After having been married for nearly 15 years now and serving in church ministry for all of that time, I sense that I must grow to be able to fulfill the calling on my life. I must be stretched. I must learn more. As I write this I am preparing for a trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with a team of men and women searching for the same thing - more understanding and knowledge. It is my desire to come back with a mind and heart full of new thoughts. Thoughts that will drive me to great action in life. I have been talking a lot lately about being "Fully N-gaged" with life lately. And, I can think of no better way to do that than to engage the opportunities given me for growth. 

And how about this...on top all I am feeling personally, I received a call from a mentor who shared some "loving words of direction" with me. It was one of those moments when someone who wants the best in you to come out of you. And so I listened to him go through a short list of areas that need some "deepening". Okay, let me be the first to admit: I hate those kinds of moments. It would be my desire never to receive guidance or direction from others...yet, I am desperate for it. For without it - I am small...less than that, I am nothing!

The bible directs me to "Get wisdom"...and it tells me that such wisdom is found in the counsel of many! Well, as I embark on this season of "deepening" I hope and pray that I become all that God desire of me. 

No comments: