Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Absolutely Amazing!!!


Alright...you might want to sit down for this one. On Thursday afternoon, I was leaving the hospital after having visited one of the families in our church when my phone rang. My wife quickly (and somewhat in a panic) told me that through a routine visit for my daughter, that her pediatrician had discovered a problem. Savannah (age 7) needed to be rushed to the hospital for a battery of tests, blood work, and an ultrasound. The doctor discovered that her spleen which should be soft and hidden by the rib cage had become hard and was sticking below her ribs nearly 2 1/2 inches (that's a lot by the way...). Well, he explained to Lori that the causes could be any number of things, mono...viral infection...or...lukemia!!! With all the nervous angst flowing through our minds we quickly got Savannah admitted. The radiologist went first and spent an hour and a half measuring every organ within Savannah's chest and abdomen. Once she was through, she slipped out to meet with the doctors and said she would be back in a few moments. For 20 painstaking minutes we waited. The radiologist returned and the phone rang. She answered and then passed it over to Lori. It was our doctor...the original doctor who found the troubled spleen. Let me pause here for a moment...I should probably tell you that during the 25 minutes it took for my wife to drive to the hospital I went back out and sat in my truck and really interceded for Savannah. I prayed and asked God for a miracle. I cursed the devil. I rebuked the enemy of our souls. I prayed scriptures. I reminded God of His word and begged him for a miracle for my daughter. Specifically, I asked Him to allow her spleen to go back to it's normal size and state and for their to be no lingering issues to deal with. Alright...now back to the story. The doctor on the other end of the phone told my wife, "Lori, you and I both felt the hardened spleen. I measured it. I showed it to you. I know it was enlarged! However, the doctors and radiologists at the hospital are telling me that that can't feel it now, it is not protruding below the rib cage and everything seems to measure exactly as it should in her abdomen and chest. All I can say is something has happened." He then instructed us to take her home and come in for a follow-up visit next week. According to our doctor - she was sick, but now she is well. What was there is no longer an issue. She has been healed! Our greatest fears were relieved by the absolutely amazing power of God! We rejoice!!! Praise the Lord!


Be encouraged today. As God has been with us, He can be with you!

3 comments:

apple said...

Chuckie, Thats is precious! Wonderful, Wonderful.

Nathansma said...

Mama told me about this miracle from hers and Memama's perspective so, it was wonderful to read it from a father's perspective. We are praying for Savannah this week too. Keep us posted...

P.S. Thanks for all your support and greet your church for us.

Anonymous said...

As you already know, I am lifting up your family daily. Savannah will be ok. She is in God's hands. I also pray for Strength for you and Lori. Love you bro...