Thursday, August 07, 2008

Leadership & Legacy

Well this weekend I have a very distinct privilege of welcoming one of my former students into my pulpit. As many of you are aware, I have been in ministry for nearly 15 years now...and during the mid 90's I youth pastored in central Georgia. While there I met and became very close with one remarkable young man. Matt was in high school at the time, but had a maturity about him that went way beyond his years. Well, since those days, I have watched from a distance as Matt grew into a distinguished man of God. Currently he is serving on staff where I first met him. And this weekend he will be bringing 10 students to Greenville, SC to share in ministry. I am so proud of all that he is doing for the Kingdom of God. It is with great pride that I welcome him here. If this is what legacy looks like - then bring it on! I am encouraged by the way God uses my little to produce much!

Have a great weekend...

No comments: